The inside of the palace housed the City Cinema between 1913 and 1957, the first Romanian Theatre School between 1934 and 1940, the State Theatre between 1946 and 1973, the Fine Arts and Music Secondary School between 1949 and 1970, the Academy of Fine Arts between 1932 and 1949 and the County House for Guidance of Folkloric Creation between 1950 and 1999. The Palace has also been home to the County Library since 1913
In the harmonious aspect of the whole, the Majolica roof manufactured at Zsolnai factories in Pecs, Hungary, as well as the monumental inlay carried out according to the plans of painter Korosfoi-Kriesch Aladar stand out ; further, the bas relief's executed by master Kallos Ede dominating the front of the building, as well as Korosfoi-Kriesch Aladar’s frescoes inside, and the stained glass windows of masters Nagy Sandor and Thoroczkai-Wigand Ede, worked by Roth Miksa. The internal decorations are made from original, invaluable materials: the impressive internal hall – 45 meters long – is made from Italian marble of Carrara, framed by two Venetian mirrors. The two mythology frescoes dominating the hall are remarkable.
Nowadays the Palace of Culture is mostly host of several culture institutions (the State Philharmonic Orchestra, the County Library, the Art Museum, the Art Galleries, the permanent History Museum etc. )
Sources: wikipedia and www.levif.net
All the cards are new.